GB Registered Postal Stationery Questions

We know that a large number of our members collect at least some aspects of GB postal stationery. This is the place to discuss it, ask questions etc.
PSHAW14244

GB Registered Postal Stationery Questions

Post by PSHAW14244 »

Recently picked up this 1944 Forces Registered cover:
1944 Forces Registered PS.jpg
1944 Forces Registered PS reverse.jpg
According to Huggins and Baker I make this Type RPF2 (1939) as it has "Registration" on the reverse. However, it appears to be Format RF12 (Registration label box)? This is shown as £200 Mint and unvalued Used. Is this a "find" or am I mistaken somewhere? Thanks in advance for responses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PSHAW14244

Re: GB Registered Postal Stationery Questions

Post by PSHAW14244 »

There seems little point in this "Discussion Board" if no-one is going to contribute! Have a look at Stampboards.com!
johnhbarker@btinternet.com

Post by johnhbarker@btinternet.com »

As the registration label covers part of the detail beneath, it is not clear whether this is RF12 or RF12a. Unfortunately H&B "Collect British Postal Stationery" quoted the wrong format for RPF2 Size G2 b. This is amended in the "Amendments and Additions to Collect British Postal Stationery" which is free to download from the publications section of this website. The entry for RPF2 b reads "Format RF12a" and is catalogued at £25.00 unused and **** used.
PSHAW14244

Post by PSHAW14244 »

Thanks for the response. It had to be too good to be true! Worth putting in next Journal, however?
PSHAW14244

Post by PSHAW14244 »

I thought this OHMS Registered cover, with War Office seals, from just before WWII was quite interesting. Presumably carrying "Call up" papers?
1939 OHMS Registered cover.jpg
Are these scarce?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.